Can I reset my Instagram password- know everything about password reset
These days, Instagram has become the most reckoned social media platform where billions of users are connected. Be it uploading pictures or going live, you can do everything on Instagram. Even, this website has given huge career opportunities to social media influencers. Have you forgotten its password? Want to reset Instagram password? If yes then go ahead and read the entire blog
How to reset Instagram password?
If forgotten your password then the only way is to reset the password. Don’t remember your Instagram password? Here’s how you can reset a new password if you are using your mobile.
- Open the Instagram app and then sign in.
- Enter your email, username or phone number that is linked with Instagram.
- After entering, click tap on next
- A confirmation will be sent to your mobile or email that you have mentioned.
- Once the code is received, enter the verification code or click on the confirmation link.
- By clicking on the confirmation link, you will get a password reset page
- Create a new password for your Instagram account and confirm it
- After this, click on the tick on the top right side.
- Tap on the reset password option once done
How to reset your password on Instagram?
- Navigate to the Instagram website in a web browser
- Tap Forgot password? Click "Forgot password?"
- Here, enter your email address, phone number, or username
- Tap “Send Login Link”.
- With this, you'll get a message with instructions to reset your password
How do I reset my password on Instagram if I forgot it?
Resetting your password can be done with your email address or phone number. You can also reset the password of Instagram using your Facebook account. To reset your password, first, open the Instagram app.
- Go to the login screen on Instagram
- Tap “Get help logging in” below Log in.
- Here. you need to mention your username, email address or phone number or tap “Log in with Facebook”.
- Tap “Next” and follow the on-screen instructions.
What is my old Instagram password?
When you forget your Instagram password, you need to reset it. There’s no way to find out the old password. Follow these steps to reset the password-
- Go to the Instagram’s website, and then click the “Log In”
- On the next page, click the “Forgot Password” link.
- Next, enter the username, email, or phone number whatever you used to when you set up your account.
- Click the “Reset Password” after passing the security check.
- You’ll get an email message with a link to reset your password. Open the email, click the “Reset Password” button.
- Here, type your new password and confirm it, and then click “Reset Password”
How to reset the Instagram password without the old password?
You are needed to follow all these quick steps to reset your Instagram password without an old password. First of all, open the Instagram app and follow these steps
- tap your account icon to go to your profile page.
- Again, tap the three horizontal lines icon at the top-right of the screen
- Now, click ‘Security”.
- After navigating to the “Security page”, tap Password.
- Enter your current password
- Click on type the new password you want to use.
- After doing all these, you need to tap on “Save”
How to change the Instagram password on phone?
By navigating to the “Settings”, you can change your password on iPhone or Android devices.
How to change the Instagram password without old password 2022
Users of Instagram can change passwords from their “Settings”. Follow these given steps to change the password of your account:
- At first, just click on your profile picture in the bottom right to go to your profile.
- After that, make a tap in the top right, then tap “Settings”.
- Again tap “Security”, then choose “Password”.
- In the final step, enter your current password for the Instagram account and then enter your new password.
How to change your Instagram password on the app?
By clicking on the profile picture of Instagram, you’ll reach the setting options. Follow the prompts to change your Instagram password in no time.
FORGOT INSTAGRAM PASSWORD – HOW TO RESET IT 2022
If you have forgotten your Instagram password then you need to reset it. For Desktop password change, these are your instructions. First of all, you need to open Instagram.com and then follow these instructions-
- Click on the “forgot password”.
- Make sure to enter your email, username or the phone number with which your account was linked.
- After filling this, tap on send login link
- You will get a password reset link on mail which begins with https://ig.me.
- By clicking on the link, you will be redirected to a page where you need to set your new password.
- Once you create your new password and confirm it twice.
- Remember, that your new Instagram password should be 6 characters long.
- Click on the reset password option once done and it will take you to the login page.
- Log in to your Instagram account using the same credentials.
How to Reset or Change Your Instagram Password?
Both password reset and change can be done with an Instagram account. For this, visit Instagram.com and then click on the forgot password link at the bottom of the page.
- After this, enter your email, username, or the phone number with which your account was linked.
- Once filled, you will have to now on the tap login link
- Instagram will send you a password reset link on your email
- You will be redirected to a page where you need to set your new password.
- After creating a new password, confirm it twice.
- Make sure to create a new Instagram password that is 6 characters long.
- In this step, just click on the reset password option once done and it will take you to the login page.
- Once you are done, you can sign in using the new login credentials.
How to Reset Instagram Password Without Email or Phone Number?
What to do when you don’t
have access to your old phone or email? There are times when you will need to reset your Instagram password without the email. For this, you have to follow these steps-
- First of all, open the Instagram app on your mobile device
- After this, enter your last known email address or phone number.
- Now tap “Forgot password?”
- Click “Need more help?”
Follow the prompts to submit a support request.